AMPED™ Power provides a powerful and effective pre-workout formula with active ingredients that work together to support blood flow and nutrient delivery to muscles, boost athletic performance, and aid in muscle contraction. One of those major active ingredients is Nitrosigine®.
Nitrosigine® works by increasing availability of the amino acid arginine in the bloodstream. Arginine is a well-known precursor for the production of nitric oxide, which promotes vasodilation and supports blood flow, resulting in enhanced oxygen and nutrient delivery to muscles. The more nutrients that can be effectively delivered to working muscles, the more support for intense training, recovery, and overall athletic performance.
By including Nitrosigine® in AMPED Power, Isagenix prides itself in staying ahead of the innovation curve. In fact, clinical research with this patented complex of nutrients (inositol, silicon, and arginine) was recently presented at the respected scientific conference, Experimental Biology, in San Diego (1).
The clinical study demonstrated that Nitrosigine® supplementation significantly increased plasma arginine levels at multiple points for at least six hours, whereas arginine supplementation alone elevated plasma levels of the amino acid for only one or two hours (see figure below).
The study also showed that Nitrosigine® supplementation resulted in over a 70 percent increase in plasma arginine levels compared to arginine, demonstrating its greater bioavailability as a precursor for nitric oxide during supplementation.
These results add to previous benefits of Nitrosigine® supplementation, including:
- Providing a bioavailable source of both arginine and silicon (2)
- Providing a good safety profile
- Supporting nitric oxide production (3)
- Improving mental acuity and focus (4)
- Supporting increased muscle volume (4)
- Improving muscle recovery after exercise (4)
In AMPED Power, Isagenix not only offers Nitrosigine®; the product also is the first of its kind to combine Nitrosigine® with creatine and citrulline. The combination supports blood flow, strength, and gains in muscle mass, resulting in optimal athletic performance.
Nitrosigine is a registered trademark of Nutrition 21, LLC and is patent protected.
- Komorowski J & Ojalvo SP. A Pharmacokinetic evaluation of the duration of effect of inositol-stabilized arginine silicate. Presented at the 2016 Experimental Biology Scientific Meeting, San Diego, CA, USA. 2-6 April 2016.
- Kalman DS, Feldman S, Samson A & Krieger DR. A clinical evaluation to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of an inositol-stabilized arginine silicate dietary supplement in healthy adult males. Clin Pharmacol. 2015 Oct 7; 7:103-9.
- Komorowski J, Rood-Ojalvo S & El-Sohemy A. Arginine silicate supplementation decreases markers of cardiovascular, renal and metabolic dysfunction and increases markers of vasodilation and cardiovascular health in healthy adult males. FASEB. 2015; 29(1 Supplement): 748-2.
- Rood-Ojalvo S, Sandler D, Veledar E & Komorowski J. The benefits of inositol-stabilized arginine silicate as a workout ingredient. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015; 12(Suppl 1): P14.